Define Document Number Ranges in SAP
Document number ranges are defined at the particular of interval with in which documents should be created in SAP and it’s depend on company code and valid for the defined year. We set a one or more documents types to each number range and it’s become effective by the document type which is specified in document entry and posting.
Steps to create Document Number Ranges in SAP
Transaction Code to maintain document number ranges: – FBN1
IMG Menu Path: – Implementation Guide – > Financial Accounting – > Global Settings – > Documents – > Document Number Ranges – > Define Document Number Range
Step 1: – Enter T – Code SPRO in the command field of the SAP Easy Access Menu Screen and press enter on the keyboard
Step 2: – In the next screen click on SAP Reference IMG
Step 3: – In the next screen follow the menu path as per below screen shot
Step 4: – In the next screen update the company code and click on change intervals
Step 5: – Next click on insert Interval
Step 6: – Let’s create number ranges for document type “AA”
- No: – Update the Number range for document type AA
- Year: – Enter year
- Form Number: – Enter form number
- To Number: – Enter to number
- Current Number: – By default the current number will be “0”
- Ext: – Type of number assignment i.e. for internal or external
- Save: – Click on save icon to save the settings
- Interval: – click on interval to maintain the number range for another document type
Documents number ranges are successfully configured in SAP.
Need more information check out our blog.