Define Account Group in SAP
The following steps will guide you how to create Account Group in SAP by images and you can create as per customer requirements
Define Account Group: – Chart of Accounts contains various types of accounts, to manage and control a large number of G/L Accounts better in SAP, they are arranged in account groups. The Accounts group must be specify while creating G/L accounts.
Account Group Determines: –
- The Interval in which the GL accounts numbers must be defined.
- Creation of GL codes depends upon specified number range that is assigned to account group in SAP
- Which field required and optional entries when creating and changing master records
- Which field is suppressed when creating and changing master data?
So, here we are configuring the following accounts groups
|COA||Account Group||Name||From Account||To Account|
|ADAR||RSPL||Reserves & Surplus||120000||129999|
|ADAR||ACDN||Current Liabilities and Provisions||130000||139999|
|ADAR||FAAC||Fixed Assets Account||170000||179999|
|ADAR||LOAD||Loans and Advances||190000||199999|
|ADAR||SALE||Sales & operating Revenues||200000||219999|
|ADAR||INCR||Increase / Decrease in Stocks||220000||239999|
|ADAR||RMCO||Raw material consumptions||230000||249999|
|ADAR||INTX||Income Tax Expenses||290000||319999|
The following steps to define Accounts Group in SAP: –
Transaction Code: – OBD4
IMG Menu Path: – SAP Implementation Guide – > Financial Accounting – > G/L Accounting – > GL Accounts – > Master Data – > Preparations – > Define Account Group
Step 1: – Enter T-Code SPRO in the SAP command field
Step 2: – Select SAP Reference IMG
Step 3: – In next screen follow the menu path for define account group in SAP
Step 4: – Select new entries to create new G/L account groups
Step 5: – Update the following fields and press enter
- Chrt/Accts: – Enter Chart of Account key
- Acct Group: – Enter Account Group
- Name: – update the Account group
- From Acct: – Enter from Account number i.e. starting account number of account group in SAP
- To Acct: – Enter to Account number i.e. end of account number of account group in SAP
Step 6: – so after updating the data save the data by clicking save icon.
So, finally the Account Group is successfully configured in SAP.
Reach us for the best SAP FICO Online training.