How to determine Additional Local Currencies for Company Code.
Define Additional Local Currencies for company code.
So the following steps will guide you how to create additional local currencies for company code. In the previous post we learnt how to enter Global Parameters for Company Code but in this one we learn about Additional Local Currencies for company code.
To maintain additional local currencies for company code, we have to follow transaction navigation method.
SAP IMG Path: – SPRO > IMG > Financial Accounting > Financial Accounting and Global Settings > Company Code > Parallel Currencies > Define Additional Local Currencies
Transaction Code: -OB22
Step 1: – Enter transaction code “OB22” in the SAP Command field and press enter.
Step 2: – In Additional Local Currencies for Company Code overview screen, click on new entries to create new parallel currencies as per organization requirements.
Step 3: – In new entries screen, update the following fields
- Company Code: – Update the company code that you want to configure, after updating company code press enter.
- 1st Local Currency: – So, after updating the company code, the 1st Currency field automatically fills with all details of your company code currency that you enter during company code definition.
- 2nd Local Currency: – Every company code can have two parallel currencies, you can get here more details about currencies. Update the following details.
- Currency Type: – Update the following currency type that you want to configure, possible currency types are hard currency, group currency, index based currency and Global Company currency.
- Ex rate Type: – Update the Ex rate type that decide how the foreign currencies are valued at the time of currency translation and revaluation.
- Source Currency: – Update the currency that direct the foreign currency to be translated against the source currency.
- Translation Date Type: – Update the list of translation type as per organization requirement. It regulate the foreign currency to be translated based on document type, posting date and translation date.
- 3rd Local Currency: – Update the 3rd local currency for company, here we are updating group currency as 3rd Currency.
So after updating all details of Additional Currency for Company Code, click on save button to save the configured data.