One of the foremost and spicy modules of SAP is (FICO) or Financials and controlling module. Lots of users value more highly to dive into the venture for obtaining SAP FICO online training completely. This is often splendidly accepted as an awfully hot and spicy section of SAP and many learners value more highly to endure its technical training. It covers the best technical aspects i.e. Book keeping and management of your business. Lots of organizations are conducting crash SAP FICO training courses to coach their staff. Moreover, the IT department has lots of superlative FICO connected jobs for all those of us who grasp ins and outs of FICO.
Introduction to SAP FICO
SAP stands for Systems, Applications and Products in Data Processing. It is also called ERP software or ERP package.
ERP stands for Enterprise Resources Planning. It is the process of planning for the effective utilizations of the available resources of the company to maximize the profits. Every company will have the following resources.
These are the natural resources and they are not available to the companies plenty. So with the limited resources they want to maximize the profits. For this purpose the company has to plan the utilizations of these resources in such a way that the profits are maximized. So the concept of ERP covers the techniques and procedures which help the business organization to maximize the profits by enabling them to utilize the available resources in the most effective manner.
Benefits ERP systems:
- It eliminates the data redundancy (it eliminates the data duplication)
- All the data is available in the common or central data base
- Data is updated and available in real time
- One point entry of data: when the data is entered in one department of the organization , then it will update the relevant data in other departments of the organization.
- Best business practices .
- Modular system: the separate software are available within same ERP product to manage different departments in the organization.
- Can be implemented only in the required functions or depart ments
- Others modules can be integrated later.
- Mangers can utilize their time in analysis and spend less time in co-ordination effort.
- It improves the customer satisfaction and quality of the customer service
- It reduces the idle time
- We can deal with the multiple languages and currencies.
List of ERP softwares:
- JD EDWORD
- MISCROSOT DYNAMICS etc.
The ORACLE is specialized in the management of finance department. BAAN is specialized in the management of production department. JD EDWARD is specialized I n the management of sales and distribution department. PEOPLESOFT is specialized in the management of HR department. But SAP provides the effective solutions for the management of all most all the departments in the company. It is very user friendly and can be integrated with any other third party soft wares. With the SAP software, we can achieve the high level of integration among the departments in the company. Because of these reasons SAP is the largest used ERP soft ware in the world.
SAP PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT
The sap software was developed by a German company SAP.AG. it was established in the year 1972. Its head quarters are at Waldorf, Germany.
- In 1972 the company has developed the product called SAP R/1 SUITE
- In 1988 the company has developed the product called SAP R/2 SUITE
- In 1995 the company has developed the product called SAP R/3 SUITE.
“R” stands for the real time data processing. Real time data processing means, when we process the data elements, the related data base is instantly updated.
“3” stands for three tier architecture. It refers to the levels of hardware set up we require to use the SAP ERP software. Under the three tier architecture the following three layers are available.
- Data base server layer
- Application server layer
- Cient/ presentation server layer.
Data base server layer: it is the computer system in which the data base is organized or hosted. The data base is managed on the principles of Related Data Base Management systems. Ex: ORACLE, SQL SERVER ETC.
Application server layer. it is the server in which the sap application is hosted . it contains the programming code or processing logic necessary to process the business transaction.
Client/ presentation server layer: all the client systems, used by the employees of the company together is called client or presentation server layer.
Now a days we are suing only the three ties architecture. The advantage or the reason is that we can increase of decrease the size of any layer without disturbing the size of other layers.
The current version sap software is ECC 6.0 EHP 6.
ECC stands for ERP Central component
EHP stands for enhancement package.
There are two types of modules in SAP R/3 SUITE.
- Functional modules: these include
- FICO (financial accounting and controlling)
- MM (materials management)
- SD (sales and distribution)
- HR (human resources management)
- PPC (production planning and controlling)
- PM (plant maintenance)
- PS (project systems)
- REM (rear estate management)
- WF (work flow)
- FSCM(financial supply chain management)
- TRM (treasury and risk management) etc.
- Technical modules: these include
- ABAP (advances business application programming language)
- BASIS (business application software integrated systems)
FI stands for financial accounting. Using the financial accounting component we can prepare the financial statements according to the legal requirements of the country in which the company is registered and doing the business. The following are the sub modules in the financial accounting component.
- General ledger accounting
- Accounts payables
- Accounts receivables
- Asset accounting.
Co stands for controlling (Cost accounting). Using this component we can provide the information to the middle level management (to analyze the performance) and to the top level management ( to assist in the strategic decision making). The following are the sub modules in controlling component.
- Cost element accounting
- Cost center accounting
- Internal order accounting
- Profit center accounting
- Profitability analysis
- Product costing.
GENERAL LEDGER ACCOUNTING
There are two types of data.
- Master data: the data which is permanent in existence is called master data. The record which contains the master data is called master record. The master data is again and again used during processing.
- Transactional data: it is the data which is posted to the master record during the daily management of the business. This is temporary in existence
The General ledger master record contains the data under two segments.
- Chart of accounts segment: this segment contains the data such as account group, short text and long text etc. When all the company codes are using the same chart of accounts this data is same in every company code.
- Company code segment: this segment contains the data such as account currency, line item display and sort key etc. This data is specific to every company code.
We can create the general ledger master record in the following ways.
- At chart of accounts level first then at the company code level
- Centrally (we can enter the data both in chart of accounts segment and company code segment at the same time)
The fields in the General Ledger master record:
- Account Currency: it is the currency in which the GL account is maintained. The account currency is automatically defaulted from the company code local currency. We can change the account currency, if necessary. If the account currency is company code local currency then we can post the business transactions in any currency into that account. If the account currency is other than company code local currency (foreign currency), then we can post the business transactions into that account in that currency only.
- Only balances in local currency: if this check box is selected, the system displays the balances in the company code local currency only. For this purposes if any foreign currency business transactions are posted, the system will convert those foreign currency business transaction in to the company code local currency. For this we require some settings.
- Line item display: by selecting this check box the system displays the line items in this GL account. i.e it maintains the details of the business transactions posted.
- Sort key: it is the criteria according to which the business transactions are organized in the GL account. The sort keys are system defined.
EDITING GL MASTER RECORD
Once the GL account master record is created we can not change the following fields
- GL Account number
- Company code
- Account group
- Status of open item management if the any business transactions are existing as open items in that GL account. Once open items are cleared we can change the status
PARKING THE DOCUMENTS
It is the activity of keeping the documents pending for posting due to want of authorization. The need for parking arises due to the operation of tolerance group for employees. The documents are parked by the junior level employees and authorized by the senior level employees. The parked documents do no update any gl accounts. The gl accounts are updated when that is authorized i.e. posted by the senior employees. The junior level employee or the senior level employee can change the parked document before it is authorized. Once it authorized and posted by the senior employee neither of them can change it. While authorizing the parked document the senior employee has the following options.
- he can post it as it is
- he can change it if necessary
- He can delete
- he can reject
Even though the parked documents do not update any GL accounts, the system considers these parked documents for evaluation purposes such calculating taxes etc.
It is the activity of keeping the documents pending for posting due to want of information. When the information necessary to post the document is not completely available we hold the document. The held documents do not update any gl accounts. When the required information is available we can retrieve the held document and give the information and we can post it. Then only the gl accounts are updated. When holding the document the system will ask for the temporary document no. which is to be given by the user. The temporary document no is alphanumeric.
This is the special type of document. This is used to post the business transactions which occur frequently every day. Using the sample document we can reduce the posting
burden on the users. The sample document is template for original/accounting document. Sample documents do not update any transaction figures. We have to define a special number range for sample documents. The number range no. for sample documents is X2. The following functions are available for the sample documents.
There are some business transactions which occur regularly at fixed intervals. Examples are rent payment; payment of term loan installment and payment of vehicle loan installment. In order to post this type of transactions we can use this recurring document functionality. To use the recurring documents two conditions are to be satisfied..
- The day of posting should be same in every interval
- The amount of the transaction should be same in every interval.
For every recurring document we should specify the fist run date. Last run date and interval for posting.
The original recurring documents do not update any transactional figures. The transactional figures are updated when the accounting documents are posted using the recurring documents by running the recurring cycle.
The following functions are available for recurring documents.
We have to define the special number range for recurring documents also. The number range no. for recurring documents is X1.
FOREIGN CURRENCY POSTINGS
Translation ration for currency translation: it is the relation between the minimum units of two currencies in the commercial usage for the conversion purpose. For any pair of currency the translation ration is always 1:1. but for the Japanese Yen the relation is always 1:100
Foreign exchange quotations: there are two types of quotation which we can enter in the foreign currency tables.
- Direct quotation: for one unit of foreign currency how many number of units of company code local currency. It is convenient to use the direct quotation when the foreign currency is bigger than the company code local currency.
- Indirect quotation: for one unit of company code local currency, how many number of units of foreign currency. It is convenient to use the indirect quotation when the company code local currency is bigger than the foreign currency.
Transaction currency: it is the currency in which the business transaction occurs. It is also called document currency. For every foreign currency posting the system stores two figures. One in document currency and the other in company code local currency.
Interest calculation types: there are three interest calculation types in sap.
- Balance interest calculation. This type is used to calculate interest on gl account balances. For example on term loans. This type is denoted as ‘S’ in the system
- Item interest calculation. This type is used to calculate the interest on vendor/customer account balances. This type is denoted as ‘P’ in the system.
- Penalty interest calculation. This type is used to impose the penalty on the interest payments. this is denoted as ‘Z’ in the system
The first and second types are used by the commercial enterprises and the third type is used by the financial institutions.
Interest indicator: This is the identification for which we assign all values necessary for calculating the interest. The interest indicator is assigned in the term loan account master record to enable he system to calculate the interest according to the values specified in it.
Reference rate of interest: It is identification for which we assign the real interest rate i.e. 12%, 13% etc. the reference rate of interest is assigned to the interest indicator. We can define any no of reference rates of interest.
Calendar type: the calendar type determines the no of days to be considered for per period for which interest is calculated. There are 4 types of calendars available for interest calculations in sap.
- Bank calendar (B): it uses 30days as basis for the month and 360 days as the basis for the year
- French calendar (F): it uses the actual no of days in a month as the basis for the month and 360 days as the basis for the year
- Gregorian calendar (G): it uses the actual no of days in a month as the basis for the month and 365 days as the basis for the year.
- Japanese calendar (J): it uses 30 days as the basis for the month and 365 days as the basis for the year.
The reversal function is used to reverse the error documents. There are five types of reversals in sap.
- Individual reversals: this function is used to reverse a single document only at a time. When the document is reversed, the system reverses the posting keys only.
- Reverse of reversal: this function is used to reverse a document which was already reversed.
- Mass reversal: this function is used to reverse a group of documents at a time. But once the document is reversed it cannot be reversed directly. We can do it in the indirect way.
- Accrual/deferral document reversals: this function is used to reverse the accrual and deferral documents posted on the last day of the month
- Cleared item reversals: this function is used to reset the open items which were cleared.
At the time of reversing the documents, the user can give the date on which the reverse document is to be posted. If the user does not give any date, the system posts thereverse documents as on the posting date of the original document.
While reversing the document the user has to specify the reversal reason. We can define our own reversal reasons in addition to the reversal reasons which were already defined in the system
ACCRUAL AND DEFFEREAL DOCUMENTS
In every business transaction there are two aspects.
- service aspect
- payment aspect
if the service aspect happens first and then the payment aspect, it is called accrual business transaction. Example: out standing expenses (expenses payable) and out standing incomes (incomes receivable). If the payment aspect happens first and then the service aspect then it is called deferral business transaction. Example: pre paid expenses and incomes received in advance.
Open item management: if any GL account is maintained on the open item management then we can display the items which are pending for payment or the items which are pending for receipt. We can manage only the balance sheet accounts on the open item management. For the GL account which is managed on the open item management we display
- only open items ( items which are pending for payment or the items which are pending for received. OR
- Only cleared items (the items on which the amount was paid or the items on which the amount was received OR
- all items : we can display both open items and cleared items ( in one screen).
Read what my students say about my training
I heard about Mr.Lakshman and contacted him about learning SAP(FICO).He is a competent teacher who imparts training in a very easy way,so much so that a person like me, who has not any accounting background,can understand the terms of accounting and its functions very easily.Moreover,he is always there to help his students ,and in case of any need he explains and repeats the lectures to the students satisfaction.He is also available to answer the the queries regarding the training and practical work on what'sapp. He provides his students with the extra access to the SAP login. In short, Mr.Lakshman is a nice,diligent and very helpful SAP teacher. i highly recommend aspiring individuals to join his classes to make a bright career in SAP FICO.
New York, USA
Mr.Lakshman not only possess very good hold over SAP FICO module but with his mastery over accounting he walks through SAP FICO tool step by step so beautifully so detail and his material is enough to master this subject. Thank you very much Lakshman sir for departing all the knowledge and experience.
I have deepest Respect for Mr. Lakshman. He is one of the finest instructors in SAP. A very deep understanding of Subject matter and a very convincing style distinguishes him from others in Market. Mr.Lakshman is one of the best in SAP FICO Industry and i refer him to all my friends those looking for a career in SAP FICO.
Valsatech ,Maryland, USA
I am an experienced Chartered Accountant and Company Secretary from India working for a Singapore based Multinational company. When my company decided to Implement SAP, I watch videos on SAP on Youtube of various tutors. Finally, I approach Mr. Lakshmana swamy for SAP online coaching. Mr. Laskhmana Swamy teaches the subject through lucid power point presentations for conceptual clarity and walks us through live demo on the SAP Server to understand better. He has amazing teaching capabilities and makes subject interesting and easy. After completing SAP FICO Ecc 6 training, now I am taking coaching for SAP Simple Finance. I recommend his coaching for anyone contemplating join SAP coaching.
CA and CS (Singapore)
Mr. K. Lakshmana Swamy's teaching style is really very nice and interesting as he goes step by step in line with the material provided by him.The material is very useful for practice at any point of time in future if one has SAP server in hand.If any body wants to learn SAP FICO module, I sincerely recommend to join the online classes of Mr. Lakshmana Swamy only as no body can teach like him.He is very friendly and easily reachable whenever required.
Financial Analyst, India
My training on SAP-FICO with Mr.Lakshman has been awesome. I took class for almost three months. His training and the way of teaching is more to practical side. One great thing about sir is he always available to clear all the doubts and help you in a right direction. He has prepared his own goals for the students and prepared the material effectively with clear instructions and in a planned way. I really thank him for all his patience and extraordinary support. I fully recommend SAP-FICO training from laxman sir. i got a job as SAP FICO Consultant in Bangalore.
SAP FICO Consultant, Malaysia
Configuration steps of SAP-fico nicely explained.Personal attention to students.anytime post class willing to solve student problems,Overall excellent online classes for SAP FICO, Thank you Lakshman sir for parting your knowledge with realtime examples, you made our training journey a cakewalk
Thank you Mr.Lakshman for your excellent tutorials. Your style of teaching is very interactive, realistic and comprehensive. 20 years of your industry experience and in depth knowledge has certainly helped me to achieve my goals. Thank you so much
London, United Kingdom
It is owesome , really. I can’t say enough about how well he has trained me .I am satisfied fully . Thanks a lot. If anyone is looking for SAP FICO TRAINING i suggest to go with Lakshmana Swamy, he's the best in the market.
"Technology is just a tool. In terms of getting the kids working together and motivating them, the teacher is the most important."
and Mr.Lakshmana Swamy teaches from heart not book.. thank you sir
I am enrolled in Laxmana Sir's SAP FICO training. He is very knowledgeable in Financial Accounting and SAP ,clear all the confusions and encourages questions with real time examples. His material is an additional help which is very detail oriented and amazing. Even if you the miss the virtual classes ,you can listen to his recording. I highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for excellent training.
Mr. Lakshamana Swamy is my teacher for a SAP course on FICO & S4 HANA simple finance conducted by him held in the month of june to September. He trained us on the use of Finance & Controlling while studying SAP. SAP is a very complex topic and He did very well to teach it to us in a easy manner in short span of 4 months time. Also, all the topics that we analyzed, moved in the same way as discussed by him and now I can able to develop with the accuracy. Thanks to him, i have a great base in SAP FICO which will help me make important interview topics and with real time examples. It was a great to be taught by him. Mr. Lakshamana Swamy has a got a vast understanding and knowledge in SAP which makes him a very valuable to next generation. His delivery of service is phenomenal and always trides the extra mile to ensure service is met with a smile.
I want to introduce one of d best faculty in India. He is a realtime SAP FICO consultant working for top most MNC.His way of teaching from basic things to end to end process flow,planning and methodology are superb. Also his teaching style of detailed activities of a Consultant where we have to performs at implementation project which very important to get on board and very helpful for realtime consultant as well as for new joinee. Lakshman swamy is a ca cwa with 13 year of industry exp and 8 years of SAP exp as a cost accountant. He explains all the SAP FI & CO in depth. If you want to learn all SAP FI & CO in depth Lakshman is d best faculty. Thank you Lakshman sir, i got placed as a SAP FICO Consultant in TCS, Chennai.
SAP FICO Consultant, TCS, Chennai
Hey there! In case you are looking to enroll for the SAP FICO course, I will happily recommend Mr Lakshmana Swamy to you. His teaching methods & techniques can be best described as "SAP FICO made simple". He delivers his lectures with passion, perspicacity and simplicity. You can confirm my quote against some of his YouTube videos online. I enrolled with him and I am glad I did as I had excellent value for my hard earned cash paid for this course.
"Laxman Sir is very Organised and structured in his approach with regards to the teaching the Topics.He first explains the Terms, gives examples/real time scenarios to explain the Terms and then shows that Practically in the System , due to which we can relate and understand the topic thoroughly.Due to the above approach we feel comfortable and confident to do it on our own.He takes pain and effort to teach each and every term.He will teach you the detailed way and then also show alternate methods to do the same.By this, we get a complete overview of the navigation. "IF YOU WANT TO LEARN THE SUBJECT BELIEVE IN SIR AND YOU WILL EXCEL."
"Lakshman sir, you are an outstanding teacher. I do not have any word to say. When I was searching for doing sap course, I met many people and went few places but all of them just no use. Fortunately one day I saw you on YouTube and then I stopped my searching for a teacher. You are supportive, knowledgeable , Experience and the most important thing that you are an honest man which can found very rarely.Thank you for helping me to make my career in SAP"
Your classes are very informative with simple language which makes me to follow you easily eventhough am from a non accounting background. Each one of your class is very elaborate with step by steps. The way you present powerpoint documents with examples to make us clear about the topic is excellent. The material you provided us is really helpful for doing practice sir. Recordings provided at the end of the sessions are very clear and informative even if i miss the session am able to get to know about it. You are readily available to clear our queries then and there. I really thank satheesh for helping us to get your contacts.
WHY WAIT???? JOIN NOW FOR Advanced SAP FICO Online Training and Bright career in SAP
Advanced SAP FICO, FSCM and SAP HANA Simple Finance Training
for Students and Professionals who want to Enlighten their Career in ever green SAP Finance
What is SAP FICO?
SAP FI stands for Financial Accounting and it is one of important modules of SAP ERP. It is used to store the financial data of an organization. SAP FI helps to analyze the financial conditions of a company in the market. It can integrate with other SAP modules like SAP SD, SAP PP, SAP MM, SAP SCM, etc.SAP Controlling (CO) is another important SAP module offered to an organization. It supports coordination, monitoring, and optimization of all the processes in an organization. SAP CO includes managing and configuring master data that covers cost and profit centers, internal orders, and other cost elements and functional areas.This is an introductory tutorial that covers the basics of SAP FICO and how to deal with its various modules and sub-modules.
Who can join this SAP Finance Course?
This SAP Finance Training Modules has been designed for Students, Working Professionals and Entrepreneurs with skills equivalent to Bcom, Mcom or any other Finance and Accounting background. The main aim of this entire SAP FICO, FSCM and Simple Finance Online Training is to create awareness and enlighten aspiring individuals to enrich their skills and enhance their future with Ever green SAP Finance Modules.
Still have Questions on SAP FICO Online Training??
Talk to the Trainer K.Lakshmana Swamy
Like us on our Facebook page